- 1 How do you remove the plastic cover from a fluorescent light fixture?
- 2 How do you remove fluorescent light covers without clips?
- 3 How do you remove a plastic ceiling light cover?
- 4 How do I remove a ballast cover?
- 5 How do you remove a strip light cover?
- 6 How do you remove plastic bathroom light cover?
How do you remove the plastic cover from a fluorescent light fixture?
To remove an acrylic cover from a fluorescent light fixture, push up on one of the short ends of the cover while supporting the other short end with your other hand. As you push up on one short end, angle that end of the cover up into the light fixture a little bit.
How do you remove fluorescent light covers without clips?
If your kitchen is lit by a single fluorescent bulb instead of several, its cover may be held in place with a nut on the side. Use pliers or a wrench to twist this nut counterclockwise. When it comes off all the way, you can slide the bulb cover away from the nut.
How do you remove a plastic ceiling light cover?
Access the plastic ceiling light, using a stepladder. Remove the plastic light shade by twisting it counterclockwise. Alternatively, loosen the fitter screws around the light base to remove the shade.
How do I remove a ballast cover?
Remove the Cover Plate Locate the wiring cover plate, usually in the center of the fixture. On either side of the cover, there will be tabs that catch in slots in the fixture. Squeeze the sides of the cover inward to slip the tabs out of the slots, and pull the cover down. This will expose the ballast and its wiring.
How do you remove a strip light cover?
Push the cover up and slide it off the light fixture.
- For the best result, start at 1 end of the light fixture.
- If metal tabs hold the cover in place, push the tabs up with pliers, then pull the cover towards you to remove it.
How do you remove plastic bathroom light cover?
Here’s how to remove this kind of light feature:
- Locate the finial (the fancy decorative bit in the middle of the dome).
- Turn the finial anticlockwise to loosen it. Keep one hand on the dome.
- Completely unscrew the finial and the dome should come away in your hand.